This kosher easy broccoli cheddar quiche recipe is a quick and easy favorite. Light and fluffy with a cheesy and savory taste. You can make it as the recipe suggests or also as a crustless broccoli cheddar quiche.
I was born and raised in Wisconsin, the dairy state. Caryn was born and raised in California, the state that purports to produce the most dairy in the United States. Even though Wisconsin is obviously the better state, you can imagine the tension this causes around the house! We resolved this by living in Illinois which produces crime and corruption. This recipe goes perfectly with some our other dairy recipes like cheesy spinach and artichoke bread bowl, and the sour cream coffee cake.
Broccoli Cheddar Quiche is Easy To Make
This broccoli and cheddar quiche recipe is almost too easy. One bowl, 5 minutes and done. It seems way too simple for something so tasty. One aspect we can never agree on in our house is whether or not the quiche should have melted cheese on top. Luckily this recipe yields two pies so we are able to make one with cheese on top and one without. Super yummy either way.
This easy broccoli cheddar quiche is perfect as an entree with a side salad or served as part of your brunch and it is an absolutely perfect addition to your Shavuot menu.
Changes and Substitutions
This easy broccoli cheddar quiche is not only simple to make and absolutely delicious but it also is very versatile. Let us know in the comments how you customized your broccoli cheddar quiche.
- Don't feel like using cheddar cheese? Use any cheese you want, mozzarella, smoked gouda, muenster... the choices are limitless.
- Eating low carb or keto? Skip the crust and bake this crustless broccoli and cheddar quiche recipe directly in a greased 8-inch baking pan. We like to call this "broccoli square pie."
- Gluten free? Use a gluten free pie crust, or again, none at all.
Broccoli Cheddar Quiche Can Be Made Dairy-Free
Even though the name of the dish suggests that it is dairy, it can be served without the cheese. The non-dairy broccoli quiche is just as tasty as its dairy cousin but can be eaten with a meat meal or served to a guest or family member that cannot have dairy. Leaving out the cheese is such a simple substitution to make that this will become one of your non-dairy standards in no time.
Variations and Suggestions
One of the great things about this recipe is that you can make so many interesting changes to it. Try:
- Squirting some sriracha sauce over the top.
- Topping the pie with a little bit of dijon or spicy brown mustard.
- Melting a slice of american cheese over the top.
- Omitting cheese completely to make it pareve.
- Placing a dollop of sour cream on top.
- Sprinkling some french fried onions over the pie after it is done.
- Serving it cold.
If you like this recipe then you will love these:
Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- 2 lbs frozen broccoli thawed and squeezed out and chopped
- 4 egg
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a medium bowl mix together eggs, mayonnaise, seasonings, and cheese.
- Add in broccoli and mix to combine.
- Divide mixture evenly between both pie crusts.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
If you like this recipe, you will love these: