This kosher recipe for The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks is one of our dessert staples. They are crunchy and chocolatey and since this recipe is pareve they go with almost every meal or snack. We be you can't eat just one of them!
- Why This is the Best Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
- Ingredients Used to Make The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
- Instructions on How To Make The Best Chocolate Chip Sticks
- How to store The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
- Did you enjoy this recipe? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
- More Recipes Like This One
- Recipe Categories
Why This is the Best Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
- Quick to put together - you can go from raw ingredients to the oven in less than 10 minutes. Add in 20 of total bake time and you have a delicious Shabbat dessert in under 30 minutes.
- Super simple to make. You don't need any special equipment or baking knowledge to whip up a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks. Combine the ingredients, shape the cookie dough, bake, slice, serve.
- Satisfies the urge for a chocolate chip cookie. Who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies? This recipe has all of the good parts of a chocolate chip cookie with a biscotti like shape and texture. This makes them extra crunchy. For a softer cookie like treat, try our Chewy Chocolate Chip Blondies.
- Serve them all year round. Chip Sticks are pareve and non-dairy which means that they can be served with meat or dairy meals. Perfect for dunking in a glass of milk for a dairy snack on Shavuot. You can even have them on Passover by using our recipe for Passover Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks.
Ingredients Used to Make The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
I absolutely love how easy it is to make this recipe. I think a lot of that is due to the fact that the only ingredients you need are:
- All purpose flour
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Baking soda
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Semisweet chocolate chips
See recipe card below for quantities
Instructions on How To Make The Best Chocolate Chip Sticks
Step 1 - Combine the ingredients to make the cookie dough
In a bowl combine the brown sugar and granulated sugar.
Next add the egg and vanilla, oil, baking powder, and salt.
Make sure that these ingredients are well combined. When fully mixed, it should look like this:
Now you are ready to stir in the flour and chocolate chips.
Step 2 - Prepare the cookie dough for baking
Split the Chocolate Chip Cookie Stick dough into two parts. Form each into a rectangle measuring approximately 12 inches by 4 inches. (This does not have to be exact). You can form them right on a prepared 9x13 baking sheet lined with parchment paper or non-stick silicone baking mat.
Step 3 - Bake and Slice the Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes banking time. They should be golden brown when you take them out of the oven.
Cut the big cookie into smaller Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks while it is still hot. It is much easier to cut this way.
Let cool completely for 30 minutes before serving.
How to store The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
We usually make this recipe in advance to serve for Shabbat or Yom Tov. When cool, transfer them into an airtight plastic bag and seal.
- Keep them on the counter for 7-10 days.
- Freeze for up to 6 months.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup oil avocado
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, oil, vanilla extract, and beaten egg together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the all purpose flour to the mixture and then stir in the chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
- Divide the cookie dough into two and form each into a rectangle approximately 12 inches by 4 inches. Place onto the 9x13 baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and while the cookie is still hot, cut 10-13 individual chocolate chip cookie sticks.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving.