This recipe for the Israeli Corn Salad with Red Peppers is one of our favorites to make for barbecues and picnics. It's ready at the snap of a finger and only uses 4 ingredients.
This recipe is kosher, dairy-free, pareve, and gluten free so everyone can enjoy it!
Why This Is the Best Corn Salad with Mayonnaise Recipe
- Quick to prepare. This summertime salad recipe uses canned corn and pickles which require no preparation beyond opening the can and then slicing the pickles. The fresh red pepper can be diced quickly. Just like our recipe for Israeli Salad, This recipe is ready in under 5 minutes!
- Only uses 4 ingredients. Canned corn, pickles, fresh red pepper, mayonnaise. That's it!
- Easy to store. Corn salad is takes on the shape of whatever you want to store it in. This means no clunky dishes that take up a ton of space in the refrigerator. Put the salad into a resealable plastic bag or small air tight container to store.
- Goes with lots of different dishes. Corn dishes are always great with bbq, and smoked meat like our Kosher Smoked Brisket, but this corn salad goes with lots of other foods as well. Try it alongside our Whole Roast chicken or Lamb Stew for a complete meal.
- Customizable recipe. The 4 ingredients we used in this salad recipe aren't the only ingredients that make this salad amazing. You can add some of your favorites as well. Try adding in a hand full of fresh diced jalapeno peppers to spice things up. You can also make the salad into a dairy recipe with ½ cup of feta cheese, or meat with ½ cup of beef fry bits.
This Recipe Uses Only 4 Ingredients
The simple combination of corn, pickles, red pepper and mayo tastes so fresh and delicious. Salt and pepper to taste.
How to make Israeli Corn Salad with Red Peppers
Step 1 - Combine the canned corn, diced pickles, and fresh red peppers in a bowl.
Step 2 - stir in the mayonnaise, salt, and pepper.
Add the mayo. Salt and pepper to taste. Just a note that you will not need as much salt and pepper as you might think due to the fact that the pickles are already salty. Try tossing in 1 teaspoon of fresh dill to vary up the salad flavors.
Step 3 - Chill and serve.
While you can eat it right away, this salad is best served after being chilled for an hour or more.
Israeli Corn Salad with Red Peppers is super tasty served with some of our other popular summertime recipes. Try serving alongside:
- Smoked Chicken Quarters
- Slow Cooked BBQ Beef
- Slow Cooker Chicken
- Fish Tacos In a Bowl
- Brown Sugar Smoked Salmon
Yes. By all means try this recipe with fresh corn. You will want to cook the corn first either by boiling it or grilling it. This will add a significant amount of time to the preparation but will give you some completely different flavors.
Shabbat lunches, and kiddushes are perfect times to bring out this summertime corn salad with red peppers. You can even serve this as a topping for hot dogs and hamburgers at your next barbecue.
If you really don't like red peppers then you can make this salad without them. The red peppers add a sweetness and crunch that will be missing so you will want to substitute something else for them. You can try using snap peas instead. Let us know what you try in place of the red peppers.
Israeli Corn Salad with Red Peppers
- Large bowl
- 2 cans corn canned
- 2 pickles medium sized
- 1 red pepper fresh
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the pickles and red pepper.
- Mix the corn, pickles and red pepper in a large bowl along with the mayonnaise. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for 1 hour for best results.