This recipe for kosher bbq chicken wings is the second of our "naked wings" posts. We started off with a kick with our kosher buffalo wing recipe. Now we want to sweeten the pot with a kosher barbeque chicken wings recipe.
When we began this series of posts that centered around "game day recipes," my football team was still in the mix. As of this post, Tom Brady and his new team made sure that I will not be watching the Packers in the Super Bowl this year... again. However, that does not mean that I will be lax in the food preparation for the big game.
These tasty, sweet, bbq chicken wings with just a touch of heat, are the perfect snack for all game days, parties, hangouts, and pregnant wives.
BBQ Chicken Wings Are Easy To Make
These sticky, juicy, messy kosher bbq chicken wings are easy to make because this is a naked wing recipe. This means that you do not use any batter or flour. No flour means a less prep and a lot flour everywhere. The mess-free part of this recipe is only true when you make the wings; eating them is going to be very messy, the way a good chicken wing should be. Follow these 3 quick and easy steps to make the bbq chicken wing recipe:
- Fry the wings until done. See the kosher buffalo wing recipe for instructions on how to fry a naked wing.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing one cup of your favorite bbq sauce with 1 tablespoon of hot sauce.
- Pour over the fried wings and toss in a large bowl.
Easy, peasy, bbq squeezy.
These Wings Can Also Be Baked
If you do not feel like frying the wings, you can also make the kosher bbq chicken wings recipe by baking the wings in the oven. For tender, fall off the bone oven baked chicken wings, follow these steps:
- Heat your oven to 375ºF.
- Lay the wings on a baking sheet in a single layer and brush with olive oil.
- Bake the wings in the oven for 50-60 minutes (until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF-170ºF).
- Remove from the oven and toss in a large bowl with the barbeque sauce from this recipe.
Alternatives Recipes For BBQ Wings
I like this recipe because it is really easy to make substitutions. You can turn this basic recipe into:
- Mild wings: eliminate the hot sauce completely.
- Honey bbq wings: use 1 tablespoon honey instead of hot sauce.
- Spicy honey bbq wings: use 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon hot sauce.
- Super spicy bbq wings: 3 tablespoon sriracha instead of 1 tablespoon hot sauce (Ben's favorite).
- Bourbon bbq chicken wings: mix 1 tablespoon bourbon into the other sauce ingredients.
- Sauce on the side: instead of tossing the wings in a bowl, mix the sauce and serve it on the side as a dipping sauce. If you do this, sprinkle a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder over the naked wings as soon as they come out of the oil or oven.
BBQ Chicken Wings
- Deep fryer or heavy bottomed pan
- Large bowl
- 24 chicken wings
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- Heat the frying oil to 350ºF in a deep fryer or heavy bottomed pan.
- Fry the chicken wings for 11 minutes.
- Place the wings on a cooling rack for 5 minutes to cool.
- Mix the bbq sauce and hot sauce together.
- Place the wings into a large bowl and pour the sauce mixture over the wings. Toss until the wings are completely coated in sauce.
If you like this recipe then you will love these:
Please share this recipe with your family and friends on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.