Ways to Serve
If you are like Kelley and have never even considered making your own, you will find it is actually very simple to make at home and so much healthier too. Unlike a restaurant lo mein noodle recipe, this one is not oily and greasy. Maybe you love having your lips coated in grease as you slurp up your noodles. If so, sorry, you will not find that here. Despite that, this dish is so easily customizable you can make it exactly as you like it. Are you vegetarian or vegan? This dish is for you. Maybe you would prefer meat? Add some! Here are some ideas of what you could include:
- snow peas
This Recipe is Easy to Make
This lo mein dish comes together easy as 1,2,3:
- Noodles. I used udon noodles but you could use any ramen or spaghetti noodle you prefer.
- Veggies and/or meat. I saute my veggies in a large skillet with a small amount of oil until fork tender and just beginning to get some brown bits. If cooking meat be sure to cook it all the way through.
- Sauce. The sauce is just a few ingredients mixed together then poured over all the ingredients and mixed to combine.
- Enjoy your kosher vegetable lo mein noodles.
So easy, right? Let me know in the comments!
More recipes like this one:
Lo Mein Noodles
- Large skillet
- 1 package noodles
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated or ½ tsp ginger powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or ½ tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 scallions cut into 2" pieces
- 2 large carrots sliced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup snow peas
- Cook noodles according to directions on package.
- Drain noodles and toss with 1 tsp sesame oil* and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in large skillet and cook cut up vegetables on a medium heat until softened to fork tender.
- In a bowl whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, rice vinegar, ginger, and garlic.
- When vegetables are cooked to preference remove from heat and pour sauce over top and stir to coat.
- Add noodles and toss until noodles are coated in sauce and vegetables are dispersed throughout.