- ½ cup non-dairy butter substitute or butter if you make this dairy
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- salt dash
- 3 bananas old bananas work best
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts optional
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Curdle the almond milk by adding the vinegar to it and letting it sit for 5 minutes.
Using a standing mixer set to medium/high cream the butter and sugar for 1 minute.
Add eggs, and "buttermilk," mix on low for 1 minute.
Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix on low for 1 minute.
Mash the bananas and add them to the batter along with the vanilla. Mix on low for 1 minute.
Add the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. Mix gently.
Bake at 350ºF for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Tips and Suggestions
- Top with vanilla or chocolate ice cream. They both work with homemade banana cake.
- Serve at Rosh HaShanna or a summer bbq.
- Great for a kiddush or Shabbat lunch.
- Get creative and drizzle chocolate and strawberry syrup over the top.
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 204mg | Potassium: 164mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 398IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg