- ¼ cup butter
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
Melt butter in the saucepan over a low flame.
Increase the heat to medium/low and allow the butter solids to fall to the bottom of the pan.
Remove the butter solids from the bottom of the pan. Decrease the flame to low.
Add fresh garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes.
Add milk and cream stirring often.
Add parmesan cheese. Stir until creamy and smooth.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Tips and Suggestions
- Add black pepper. This recipe loves black pepper, use it liberally.
- Fettuccine Alfredo (the obvious use for this sauce).
- White pizza. Try using this sauce in place of pizza sauce when you make homemade pizza.
- Add mushrooms or fresh spinach to the sauce for tons of flavor.
- Try either the fettuccine or white pizza and add kosher fake crab. We love this crab alfredo option for a fast breaking dish.
- Sprinkle on some red pepper flakes to spice it up.
Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 241mg | Potassium: 106mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 609IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 224mg | Iron: 1mg