- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce use coconut aminos to make this recipe gluten free
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 lb shredded white cabbage you can also use a pre-shredded coleslaw mix
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds optional
- ¼ cup chow mein noodles optional
- ⅛ cup scallions optional
Add the olive oil, soy sauce (or coconut aminos), rice wine vinegar, toasted sesame oil, sugar, garlic powder. and ginger powder.
Whisk the dressing until completely combined.
Combine the shredded cabbage and slivered almonds together in a large bowl.
Toss the salad.
Optionally, just before serving, add toasted sesame seeds or chow mein noodles.
Tips and Suggestions
- Add toasted sesame seeds or chow mein noodles just before serving.
- Salads like this love spicy ingredients, add some chopped jalapeno peppers or a squirt of sriracha sauce.
- Turn the Quick Asian Slaw into a meal by adding chicken breast, beef, or salmon.
- Use it as a topping for hamburgers or hot dogs.
- Serve it for Shabbat or Rosh HaSahanna lunch.
- Substitute honey for sugar in the dressing.
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 869mg | Potassium: 360mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 143IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 3mg