- 1 lb ground beef
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
Brown the ground beef for 5-7 minutes in a pan over a medium heat.
Drain the fat from the pan.
Add the garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, celery seed, crushed red pepper, cumin, and diced tomatoes.
Cook over a medium flame for another 3-4 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Sprinkle over hummus and eat with pita
- Hard shell tacos
- Soft shell burritos
- Serve over corn chips with salsa and guacamole
- Stir the meat into a fresh batch of tater tots and top with ketchup or salsa
- Always serve with authentic Spanish rice
- Use veggie crumblers instead of ground beef to make the recipe pareve or to add cheese and make it dairy
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 92mg | Potassium: 524mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 197IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 4mg