- 2 lbs frozen broccoli thawed and squeezed out and chopped
- 4 egg
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 frozen pie crusts
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
In a medium bowl mix together eggs, mayonnaise, seasonings, and cheese.
Add in broccoli and mix to combine.
Divide mixture evenly between both pie crusts.
Bake for 1 hour.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
If crust starts to brown too quickly cover lightly with foil.
Variations and Suggestions
One of the great things about this recipe is that you can make so many interesting changes to it. Try:
- Squirting some sriracha sauce over the top.
- Topping the pie with a little bit of dijon or spicy brown mustard.
- Melting a slice of american cheese over the top.
- Omitting cheese completely to make it pareve.
- Placing a dollop of sour cream on top.
- Sprinkling some french fried onions over the pie after it is done.
- Serving it cold.
Calories: 556kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 873mg | Potassium: 472mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1123IU | Vitamin C: 101mg | Calcium: 281mg | Iron: 3mg