- 8 chicken legs
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup bbq sauce your choice
Mix all seasonings except bbq sauce in a small bowl.
Rub seasoning all over chicken including under the skin.
Place chicken in bowl of slow cooker.
Coat with bbq sauce.
Cook 4 hours on high.
Chicken can also be cooked uncovered in the oven at 350ºF for 90 minutes or until cooked through.
Try these serving suggestions:
- Serve the chicken over your favorite pasta or authentic Spanish rice.
- Remove the chicken from the bones, mix with barbeque sauce and serve it on a kaiser roll as a sandwich. (Make sure to add some veggies like chopped onion or pickle).
- Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces and toss them into a wok or heavy bottomed pan with snow peas and carrots and onions for a stir fry. Or you can add it to our amazing Lo Mein recipe.
- Shred the chicken and roll it into a soft flour tortilla to make a chicken wrap.
- Use the same shredded chicken and spread it out over a pizza crust. Use barbeque sauce instead of pizza sauce. Top with pineapple, jalapenos, and onions. Bake according to your favorite pizza recipe. (This is Ben's favorite).
Calories: 681kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 240mg | Sodium: 1533mg | Potassium: 716mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 475IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 3mg