- 1 salami (2lb)
- ¾ cup orange marmalade or apricot jelly
- ⅓ cup dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
Preheat oven to 375º F.
Slice the entire salami diagonally. The incisions should not go all the way to the bottom as you want the salami to remain intact. Leave about ½ inch between slices. Repeat this process making a criss cross design along the salami.
Whisk together the marmalade or jelly, mustard, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. This will create the sauce.
Pour the sauce over the top of the salami. Spoon the sauce back over the top several times. Open the criss crossed incisions while pouring to insure that the sauce gets to the inside of the salami.
Bake for 15 minutes uncovered. Spoon the sauce in the pan over the top of the salami. This should be easier than it was before as the salami has had a chance to open up while baking.
Bake for another 15 minutes, spoon sauce over the top again.
Pour the remainder of the sauce over the top and bake for a final 15 minutes.
Slice and enjoy!
Tips and Suggestions
In my house the salami barely makes it out of the oven before it is gone. Here are some other ideas on ways to enjoy this recipe:
- Serve on top of salad or pasta. Cut the salami into cubes along all of the diagonal cut lines and serve it over pasta or even a salad.
- Make a sandwich. Cut thin slices of the salami and make a salami sandwich. Serve along side a cup of the marinade as a sauce. Thin out the sauce with a little bit of water for a mouth watering au jus.
- Grilled salami recipe. Slice the salami into cubes and toss in the sauce. Grill the salami cubes in a cast iron skillet. Pour the extra sauce on in the last 2 minutes.
- Salami chips. Slice the salami into circles that are about ⅛ inch thick. Grill the slices on a cast iron skillet until crispy on both sides. Use the marinade as a dipping sauce.
- Use this in other recipes. Serve this as the deli meat on one of our other homemade salami recipes such as Kosher Salami Flatbread.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 353mg | Potassium: 101mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 645IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg